You will be responsible for your own business by developing strategies that drive profitable sales through assortment selection, pricing, presentation and promotion. You will be given the opportunity to work with Product Design and Development, Sourcing, Marketing, Supply Chain and our vendors to build and deliver the product selection and experience that distinguishes Steren from the competition.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for Associate Merchandisers who are interested in putting their business, leadership and people skills to work. Be a leader and trendsetter by delivering your passion for retail to one of the most exciting parts of what we do: our Dealer Stores.
Strong Generalists looking to innovate within a category
- People who are looking to work with others in a highly-cross functional role with the ability to further inspire and elevate high performing teams.
- A results-proven Buyer who has deep analytical abilities and has a strong business acumen to drive innovative buying decisions.
- People who know how to synthesize qualitative and quantitative insights to inform strategic choices.
- A Buyer or business leader with relevant experience, with a proven background in vendor collaboration.
- Seasoned Buyers with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Develop a strong understanding of the category, market, competitors, and growth opportunities in order to develop vision/strategy/action plans to enhance your category.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Insights: Gather and synthesize insights from customer/vendors/competition to inform new initiatives across the business.
- Focus on shaping the financial position of your category including sales, margins, return on investment.
- Joint business planning: Establish high performing vendor/category growth plans relative to the category.
- Execution: Work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver flawless, customer-focused execution.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of previous Merchandising or equivalent experience – preferably with a mix of bricks and mortar and online
- A performance-driven individual who demonstrates strong initiative and has superior leadership skills
- Strong financial, strategic and planning skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, and organization skills
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas” that are constantly changing
- Comfortable taking risks, working through change and supporting creativity